The Golden Loop itinerary includes: heritage, culture, adventure sports, relaxation, jungle activities and some trekking.
- Day 1: Arrive, check into hotel take a look around Thamel to get your bearings.
- Day 2: Take an early morning taxi out to Boudhanath to walk around the great stupa and see some Buddhist monks in nearby monasteries. Walk or take a taxi to Pashupathimet. Take a taxi back to Thamel for lunch before heading to Patan city. If you don’t have time for Patan then visit either Swayambhunath or Kathmandu Durbar Square.
- Day 3: Take a bus to Pokhara, arriving in the afternoon and explore lakeside.
- Day 4: Take a boat ride across the lake, hike to the World Peace Stupa, visit Gupteshwor Mahadev Cave and Davis Falls before heading back to lakeside for a sunset over the lake.
- Days 5,6,7 + (trekking): Take a short trek to enjoy the Annapurna mountain range (see the list of short treks above) .
- Day 8: Take a bus to Chitwan National Park, arriving at lunch time. Spend the afternoon on a Elephant safari or elephant bathing.
- Day 9: Do a full day jungle trek in Chitwan.
- Day 10: Take a bus to Lumbini arriving at lunch time either making a quick afternoon visit to Lumbini Development Zone or rest up and make a full day in the development zone the next day.
- Day 11: Either a full day in Lumbini development zone if you did not get to see anything yesterday or head back to Kathmandu if you did. See notes below *
- Day 12: Take an early morning bus back to Kathmandu. Check out either Swayambhunath or Kathmandu Durbar Square if you missed them earlier or go souvenir shopping to relax after your bus journey.
- Day 13: Take a taxi or bus out to Bhaktapur and spend either an over night there or a full day enjoying the well preserved heritage sites and souvenir stores.
- Day 14: Depending on your flight time you can spend the morning shopping in Thamel or by checking some of Kathmandu’s lesser known sites like the Kathesimbhu stupa or simply chill out at the Garden of Dreams (here’s a list of things to see and do in Kathmandu).